Enterprise Resource Planning is a term for a broad set of activities that help an organization manage its business. It helps a company to standardize and automate its business processes and improve the efficiency of its operations. It helps to manage and automate many back office functions related to technology, services and human resources. Veraxe School ERP is SAAS based product.
What is School ERP?
School ERP provides control over school activities. It covers almost all the school activities ranging from admission,information,examination, promotion, fee management,attendance, time table,transport, library and other utilities. A well-developed school ERP provides a communication channel between school-teachers, teachers-parents, parents-school etc.
Features of Veraxe School ERP
- It should cover all the activities – A good school ERP system should cover all the activities of the institution. After installation of an ERP system if the activities are still done manually, then such ERP system has no advantage for the school.
- Flexible – A school ERP system should be flexible i.e. it should be convenient to change the ERP as per the requirements of the institution. Upscale or downscaleupgradation should be convenient.
- Cost effective – The ERP system should be cost effective. Cost includes purchasing and implementation cost, maintenance and upgradations costs. A good ERP system should provide benefits that cover the costs. In simple words, it should provide high Return on Investment.
- User Friendly – A good school ERP is such which is easy to use by all kinds of users. It should not be complicated and should be easily understandable.
- Secure – It should involve highly secure data storage and backup by certified service providers and should be accessible by registered users only.
- Real Time Access – School ERP provides a real time 24*7 availability of data anywhere.
Activities covered under a School ERP
- Admission Management
- Course and Batch Management
- Time Table Management
- Fees Management
- Monthly Planner
- News Management
- SMS Integration
- Human Resource
- User Management – Student , Teachers, Parents
- Multiple Logins – Student , Teacher , Parents
The major challenges faced in ERP implementation are on the school front. Schools are reluctant to invest their time and resources on ERP implementation in their activities because of being habitual with traditional practices. Also lack of infrastructure in Indian Schools is another reason. Availability of a good and consistent internet connection and its access to teachers and administration is a major concern.